Respect the Language Landscape Community
Pleas respect other users and do not abuse the site. Every new community feature on Language Landscape involves a certain level of trust. We trust you to be responsible, and our respect that trust, so please do the same.
We Review Media Flagged As Inappropriate
Don’t Cross the Line
Here are some common-sense rules that will help you steer clear of trouble:
- Language Landscape is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your video or audio clip, even if it’s of yourself, don’t post it on Language Landscape. Also, be advised that we work closely with law enforcement and we report child exploitation.
- Don’t post media showing bad stuff like animal abuse, drug abuse, or bomb making.
- Graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your video shows someone getting hurt, attacked, or humiliated, don’t post it.
- Language Landscape is not a shock site. Don’t post gross-out media of accidents, dead bodies and similar things.
- Respect copyright. Only upload media that you made or that you are authorized to use. This means don’t upload media you didn’t make, or use content in your media that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or media made by other users, without necessary authorizations.
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone’s right to express unpopular points of view. But we don’t permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).
- There is zero tolerance for predatory behavior, stalking, threats, harassment, invading privacy, or the revealing of other members’ personal information. Anyone caught doing these things may be permanently banned from Language Landscape.
- Everyone hates spam. Do not create misleading descriptions, titles or photos. It’s not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content.
Language Landscape is for the Community
Remember that this is your community. Each and every user of Language Landscape makes the site what it is, so don’t be afraid to get involved!
- Have fun with the site.
- There’s a lot here to see, and lots of people making amazing stuff—one of them might be you! Equipment is getting cheaper and easier to use all the time, so don;t be afraid of contributing!
- You may not like everything you see.
That’s it! Thanks for reading!
—The Language Landscape Team